Generac Power Systems, Inc. manufactures a complete line of emergency automatic standby generators for home or business that can be installed during new construction or retrofitted into existing structures. Residential emergency home standby generators are permanently installed outside (similar to an air-conditioning unit), supply electrical power to all pre-selected lights and appliances, and are powered by either natural gas or LPG. Models range from 7,000 to 40,000 watts. They work with a matched automatic transfer switch that responds within seconds when utility power shuts down, even when no one is home!
Generac is truly a vertically integrated manufacturer. From the core of the engine to the controls, we design and build our complete product. This is precisely why we stand so strongly behind it with one of the best warranties in the industry. With intensive control over our engineering through manufacturing, we’re able to ensure that our products are quiet, powerful and reliable.
Portable Generator Safety
Most power outages are short-lived and do not warrant the use of auxiliary power, but some homeowners use portable electric generators during extended outages. To ensure safety of all involved, electric generators should be operated according to strict guidelines:
- Always follow the manufacturer’s instructions completely.
- Never connect the portable generator to existing house wiring.
- Connect the generator directly to appliances. Refer to owner’s manual for specific instructions on load capacity, approved power cords, etc.
- Operate generators outside; they emit harmful fumes and contain combustible fuel.
- Add fuel to the generator only when it is not running and has had time to sufficiently cool.
- Always properly ground the generator before operating. Refer to the owner’s manual for specific instructions.